There is an old saying that opposites attract.
Often it is used in the awkwardly romantic, Paula Abdul-esque way to describe how couples…er, compliment one another.
- Mrs. Always Late marries Mr. Electronic Organizer
- Mr. Arm Chair Quarterback/Wanna-Be Gladiator marries Mrs. Doily Crocheter
- Mrs. Wakes With The Dawn marries Mr. Up By The Crack Of Noon
I guess it does happen from time to time, but honestly, I think the more common occurrence is in the attraction of opposites that truly are opposite. They don’t complement each other, in fact, they don’t even like each other. But, despite their disdain for one another they end up being just like the other.
- Republicans and Democrats
- Your NFL team and my NFL team
Just plug in any rivalry and you’ll see what I’m talking about. When opposites attract it usually is not a marriage of convenience, or even compatibility. Yet, it’s often amazing just how similar those opposites can be.