I just finished a pretty unique recording project, and I am actually quiet pleased with it!
It’s 22 tracks of daily devotions about 2-4 minutes each. The project is designed to help people start, or restart a regular daily devotion time with God.
I’m calling it the ABC’s of Devotion for several reasons:
1. It’s easy to start and do (easy as ABC)
2. It uses Psalm 119 as it’s content, which has 22 sections; one for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet (their ABCs)
3. Just like singing the ABCs… its a little habit forming. They say (whoever they are) that it takes 21 days to start a habit and with this being a 22 track project there is a good chance we can make daily time with God a new habit in people’s lives.
Anyway, I love the way the project turned out. I love the quality of the recordings. And, I love having a resource that can help people get consistent in their daily walk with the Lord.
So, I thought I’d post Day 1 for the CrossEyedLife community and see what you think. Thanks for checking it out!
Here’s a suggested pattern for your daily time with God using the ABC’s:
- Pray and ask that God would speak to you and that you would hear clearly what He’s saying
- Read the passage for that day
- Listen to that day’s track
- Pray again and commit to God some point of application that you can take away from that days devotion